23 September 2010

Williams laughed at naked Minogue

Robbie Williams says he blew his chances with popstar Kylie Minogue, after he drunkenly laughed at her naked.

The pair teamed up to film the video for hit single Kids during which she stripped for the final scenes.

But Williams says in his new book You Know Me how the shock of seeing the woman he had fancied for years undressing made him burst into laughter and left her "offended".

In the book, which was released this week and looks back at his 20-year pop career, Williams explained he had a crush on Minogue since her days on Neighbours in the late 1980s.

But after years of worshipping her from afar, he said he became "a bit of a teenage boy" in her presence during the shoot.

"I couldn't figure out why my banter wouldn't work, why my natural ability to just be myself went awry," he said.

Williams began drinking Drambuie liqueur "to get some Dutch courage, but it backfired", the singer recalled.

He had not been told that the scene would feature her taking off a robe to reveal she was wearing nothing but a tiny G-string.

"I just burst out laughing. Which I don't think went down well with Kylie," Williams said.

"I may have offended her too, because she must have felt vulnerable too, being naked on set, and being naked in front of me."

He added: "I think that any chance of anything disappeared when I laughed at her. Perhaps she likes being naked, but she probably doesn't enjoy being laughed at by some Stokie idiot."

In the book, published by Ebury Press and co-written by Chris Heath, Williams says he has been too embarrassed to ever bring the incident up since. But he said he hoped that mentioning it in the book would go "some way" to serving as an apology.

*You Know Me by Robbie Williams and Chris Heath is published by Ebury Press

PAA 21 Sep 2010

ninemsn keeping the masses amused with Entertainment Trash.

A real Top Story as depicted by ninemsn.

No comments: