01 November 2012

Timberlake sorry for video

JUSTIN Timberlake has written an open apology for a controversial video mocking homeless people.

On a letter posted to his website, Timberlake said he had been unaware of the "distasteful" video and did not contribute to it. He also denied the clip had screened at his wedding to Jessica Biel.

The singer said is is "deeply sorry", but defended his "knucklehead" friends behind the clip - which shows homeless people posing as Timberlake's Hollywood friends and apologising for not making his Italian wedding extravaganza.

"My friends are good people," Timberlake wrote.

"This was clearly a lapse in judgement which I’m sure no one who is reading this is exempt from. But, I don’t believe it was made to be insensitive. More so, I think it was made as a joke on me not having that many friends attending my own wedding (which IS kind of funny if you think about it.”

“I want to say that, on behalf of my friends, family and associative knuckleheads, I am deeply sorry to anyone who was offended by the video. Again, it was something that I was not made aware of. But, I do understand the reaction and, by association, I am holding myself accountable.”

The video begins with the cheerful message, "Greetings from your Hollywood friends who just couldn't make it", and then goes downhill from there.

"Jessica and Justin, I haven’t seen y'all in a long time," says a homeless man with missing teeth: "My gift is in the mail."

The spoof clip, played at Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel's multi-million-dollar wedding in Italy and leaked online, appears to mock homeless people, transvestites and street performers.

The backlash has been fierce.

The man who made it, Timberlake's real-estate friend Justin Huchel, says the video was meant to poke fun at the couple's expensive wedding ceremony but it has been widely denounced as tacky, nasty and demeaning.
Huchel's lawyers are trying to have clip taken down but the damage to the newly weds has already been done.

One of the homeless men in the video says he was paid $40 to deliver a message to the couple. He told TMZ he had no idea that he was part of a wedding prank.

"That makes me feel really bad ... that was a trick played on me," he said.

 heraldsun.com.au 27 Oct 2012

Entertainment Trash at its finest.

Quite simply caught out and covered up with lies.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to be given money for the garbage they perform, from the hands of the producers.

In reality a very small man.

No comments: