Friday, January 17, 2014
Thugs bash teenager then send him graphic photo of them pulling hair and holding throat
The photo sent to the 17-year-old victim's phone showed the men pulling his hair and holding his throat while he is knocked out and defenceless.
Brett Tait, the father of the victim, is furious the pack's ringleader Jake Edward Luckett was given just a suspended six month jail term in the Maroochydore Magistrates Court this week.
"The level of violence in the community is ridiculous. To be slapped on the wrist with a six month suspended sentence is disgusting,'' Mr Tait told The Courier-Mail.
"To me that's not a punishment. They can go back to their normal life. My son still has nightmares over it. He was fairly violently beaten up.''
Other men involved in the attack and in taking photographs were not charged after agreeing to give evidence against Luckett, Mr Tait said.
The men bashed the victim in the street after falsely accusing him of damaging a car at Mt Coolum on March 9 last year.
"We're lucky, we still have our son. There's other parents out there that aren't lucky. The court system is not right,'' Mr Tait said.
"That photo wasn't just sent to my son. It was a badge of honour. They sent it out to everybody, it went right out through the Coast.
"We are still disappointed the two men holding him by the hair and the throat weren't charged.''
Another judge to be added to the Corrupt Judges list.