04 October 2018

Travel warning into Australia re: Client data and confidential corporate info




If you're planning to travel to Australia, you may want to leave your client's data behind that they trusted only you with. 

If you're working for a multinational corporation which may have entrusted your person with their  sensitive data,  like financial records, client base, confidential internal communications or not yet released product information, this information can be used illegally for profit or extortion where you will not want to take this information with you on any electronic device coming into Australia, as this will be copied before entry into the country.

Where it will go or who will see it, how long it will be on file is not disclosed.

If you're thinking you're entering an honestly run colony, by the authorities, this article is a must read.

Sacked AFP officer: 'We lie to members of the community on a daily basis'

See video from 6 Aug 2018, by Nathan Hague:



with his additional comments:

I'm no Alex Jones, but Australian Customs just copied files from my phone AND my MacBook Pro here at Sydney Airport...

EDIT: I've not seen that floating octopus until today, and people telling me they're seeing it too, so the root part is going to be *nothing* to worry about. BUTTTTT... The fact I closed it and the phone was already on the phone firmware screen.. and also the fact that they told me they DID copy files from both laptop and phone away from my person, and would not guarantee the copied files (if they copied them!) would be destroyed and in what time frame. Yeah: THAT still is what I believe to be a massive intrusion into my privacy.

EDIT 2: The Australian legislation that this falls under, is Australian Border Force Act 186 and all the subsections.

EDIT 3: Now talking to journalists here in Australia who are interested in the story.

EDIT 4: And now for the real kicker too: If you're an International Business Traveler from Europe with your European Clients' data and files on your phone and laptop - remember #GDPR says that those clients have it given access authority to their data by you. Now what happened to me, would mean Customs was an unauthorized third party looking at their data. That means I am now liable for a #GDPR breach and all the fun that goes along with that. And the fines that accompany that. Noone seems to have thought of this, and I can see organisations like #EFF and very competent gdpr lawyers such as Britain's Suzanne Dibble, having some words on how to protect yourself from a business perspective when traveling now to Australia.

Please, could you do me a favour and share this video - 

Australia is walking directly into being a Police State now at this stage


Source: Supplied.

No comments: