07 May 2011

Mashable - 'Stealing' your information.






Here is another company that says that it can do ANYTHING with your data.

When you login to mashable.com via a third party app, like facebook or twitter, then you agree to the following:

Access my basic information:

Includes name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, a list of friends, and any other information I've shared with everyone;

Send me email:

Mashable may email me directly;

Post to my Wall:

Mashable may post status messages, notes photos, and videos to my Wall;

Access my data anytime:

Mashable may access my data when I'm not using the application;

Access my profile information:

About Me and birthday.


This information held by Mashable can open up new possibilities to online fraud or false online identity to commit fraud.

The law is deliberately lax in policing companies on the net to safeguard user information.

If such information is leaked out onto the 'net company CEO's never see jail time as if the deed was done by a private individual.

There are many example of this. including the 'hacked' playstation Credit Card user details that made the news of late.

corpau.

No comments: