Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Latest shooting may be mistaken identity

Police investigating the third Sydney shooting in as many days believe it was probably a case of mistaken identity.

Just before midday (AEST) on Monday, police were called to Pemulwuy in the city's west after reports bullet holes had been found in a car.

A number of rounds were fired into the car and a house but no one was injured.

The residents of the home are away and police believe the house was mistakenly targeted.

Police said the shots were fired from a nearby park on Saturday night.

It was the third shooting incident in the city over the weekend and the fourteenth this month.

The NSW opposition said families across western and southwestern Sydney were "being forced to live in fear".

"These are innocent people being caught in the crossfire because Barry O'Farrell is sitting on his hands doing nothing," Opposition Leader John Robertson said.

"It is a miracle no one was killed ... the shooting took place at 8:30pm on Saturday when most families would be sitting down to watch a movie on TV," Mr Robertson said in a statement.

"Thank goodness, the people who live in this home were away.

"Had someone been home, this case of mistaken identity might have ended in tragedy."

Mr Robertson repeated his call for the government to roll out extra police and offer cash rewards for information to help put a stop to the violence.

But Police Minister Michael Gallacher said NSW Police had not requested additional resources in response to the shootings.

"We need the Labor opposition to stand up to their federal colleagues and join us in calling for the federal government to stop the flow of illegal weapons that are being imported into the country," Mr Gallacher told AAP.

"The NSW government continues to provide the resources needed for the NSW Police Force to do their job.

"The current Operation Spartan has arrested more than 300 individuals and laid more than 500 charges since January alone."

In a separate incident early Monday morning, a man was shot in the leg in Sydney's west.

The 24-year-old victim told police the drive-by shooting was carried out by an unknown person driving a white sedan.

The victim was driven to Concord Hospital by a friend about 2am (AEST) on Monday, police said.

Police are yet to establish where the shooting took place.

The injured man underwent surgery early on Monday morning and remains in hospital.

On Saturday night a home in Sydney's west was peppered with bullets.

Several bullets were fired at a townhouse in Chiswick Road, Greenacre, about 7.45pm (AEST), police say.

A woman inside the property was cut when she fell to the floor as the gunfire rang out.

Two other people inside the home were not hurt.

There have been more than 40 shooting incidents in Sydney in 2012, including 14 in April alone.

Also over the weekend, a man was shot in an execution-style murder on the NSW south coast.

Darko Janceski, 32, was shot several times in Berkeley at about 5.10pm (AEST) on Saturday when a gunman on a motorcycle appeared outside his father's house.

Police said it was a targeted attack.

16 Apr 2012

Once again the police are fully aware of the actions and movements of the criminals involved.

The gang wars that spill out into the streets are a direct result of the authorities that instruct local law enforcement to 'let them sort it out' between themselves.

What happens is that the turf wars spill out into the public arena, where innocent people can get killed.

The crooked police and politicians that are involved, are literally untouchable and exposing them will only bring an end to the lives of those who expose them, as has been shown in the past.

The guns that are on the streets are in criminal hands are still killing people whilst the government deliberately lays idle.

The so called gun amnesty that ordinary citizens were told to hand in their weapons did nothing to stop gun related crime, in the hands of the criminals.

No comments: