04 August 2008

Aussie's accused killer begs forgiveness

The man accused of the stabbing murder of a Sydney woman in Bali has begged for forgiveness in an Indonesian court.

Ahmad Fahrul Rosi, 23, told Denpasar District Court he only intended to steal ( so that makes it ok??? !!! ) , not kill, when he broke into Heidi Murphy's Bali villa on February 10 this year.

Murphy was allegedly stabbed 37 times (so where did the knife come from? or was it a butter knife and he was planning to cake her do death and it went horribly wrong ??? !!! ) after she woke and found Rosi robbing her house.

"I would like to apologise to both the parents and family of Heidi Murphy for what I have done which caused her death," Rosi told the court.

"My intention was only to steal because I was pushed by economic needs and the result of that burglary was meant to buy a ring and to fund my marriage.

"I did that because both of my parents could not afford to give me (this) and I didn't expect at all that the incident would be something like this.

"By God's name, I didn't have any intention to do this."

Prosecutors have requested Rosi be found guilty of murder and sentenced to life imprisonment.

But Rosi's lawyer I Nyoman Karsana on Monday urged the court to free his client of the charges.

"In this criminal case, the defendant ... clearly had no intention and purpose to kill so that sentence demanded by the prosecutor ... is unacceptable," he said.

Karsana said Rosi panicked after hearing a computer alarm and Murphy screaming.

Rosi allegedly stole two mobile phones, a laptop computer and cash, which he used to buy an engagement ring for his girlfriend in East Java. (someone's LIFE is worth an engagement ring from a piece of TRASH)

He was arrested after he used the stolen mobile phone to make calls. (NOT very smart either, probably with the IQ of the average temperature in ALSAKA )

Rosi also apologised (thank goodness for that, now he has a clear conscious) to the judges and prosecutors.

"I admit to all my mistakes ( ??? !!! mistake eg. run someone over accidentally, NOT STAB them 37 TIMES !!) and I realise that my action has violated law which the consequence is jail for me," he said.

"I surrender Mr Judge, even though it feels so heavy the punishment that I must bear because I'm aware that this is definitely not as sad as has been felt by both parents and the family of Heidi Murphy for losing the person they loved.

"I'm also aware that my action has tainted and slandered Bali's image as tourist destination."

He said he had been unable to find a job in Bali to help support his ageing parents, who are farmers.

"Please, honorary judges, consider being ... a little bit more lenient with me so that I can have the chance to improve my life and so that I can do good deeds to others for now and for the future," Rosi said.

"I also beg and ask for the greatest forgiveness from the parents and family of Heidi Murphy who have lost their most loving daughter.

"I also offer an apology to my own parents for causing this very deep pain."

In a separate hearing, Rosi's alleged accomplice in the murder - 28-year-old Indonesian construction worker Nuryanto Bin Sudar - said he was surprised and confused about the murder.

"I didn't know anything about the murder ... I only knew about the burglary," said Nuryanto, who could face up to 10 years imprisonment.

Judges are expected to hand down their verdict in the next few weeks.

aap 4 Aug 2008

No surprise there as to the verdict, because the victim is not a national of the country.
He SHOULD be sentenced to the death penalty BUT that will NEVER happen.

No comments: