06 May 2009

Andrew O'Keefe's big lesson over drunken video


  • TV host still reeling from drunken display
  • O'Keefe's wife struggled to deal with fallout
  • Celebrity news: ShowBUZZ, Shooting Stars
DEAL or No Deal host Andrew O'Keefe, who remains shocked by the controversy sparked by video footage of a drunken night, has told of the effect the scandal has had on his private life.

O'Keefe, the nephew of late rock 'n' roll legend Johnny O'Keefe and son of former Supreme Court judge Barry O'Keefe, says his wife, Eleanor, struggled to deal with the fallout.

"Eleanor is a tremendously private person and she really does not embrace the public life," the father of two said. "She's a writer ( in other words she has NO JOB !!! ) and her world can be a very interior one. She just doesn't like the gauche attention. It was all terribly stressful for her."

While the public response to the video, taken outside a club in Prahran's Chapel St last year, has been overwhelmingly supportive of O'Keefe, he said:

"In the eye of the initial maelstrom, I felt pretty disoriented. It felt to me like a fabricated moral hysteria.

"The support I received from my colleagues and bosses reaffirmed my faith in the common sense of the average person.

"I felt I knew what the man in the street would think. Let's face it, I was the man in the street, or on the street," he said in reference to footage of him on his back on the footpath.

"When I say I'm over it, I don't mean to suggest I've not learned a lesson. Fairly or unfairly, if you are in the public eye you are held to a higher standard."

It staggers O'Keefe that magazines now pay for paparazzi shots of him going about his daily life - including beach snaps of him.

"I think the magazines put those in there for the same reason they run those celebrity cellulite articles. It's just to make everyone else feel better about their lives," O'Keefe said.

news.com.au 6 May 2009

There are plenty of people that get DRUNK every weekend.

Realistically this is FRONTLINE news ??

Who really cares about a no talent ass clown who got drunk ???

When one looks into the 'Entertainment Industry' one can see that it is closed.

He comes from an entertainment background, and would not be there if it were NOT for his connections.

The Australian judicial system IS controlled by an elite group with an Ango - Masonic background.




No comments: